click to show more information

click to hide/show information About this Show

The O Reilly Factor

News/Business. (2013) (CC)

NETWORK

DURATION
01:00:00

RATING

SCANNED IN
San Francisco, CA, USA

SOURCE
Comcast Cable

TUNER
Virtual Ch. 760 (FOX NEWS HD)

VIDEO CODEC
mpeg2video

AUDIO CODEC
ac3

PIXEL WIDTH
1280

PIXEL HEIGHT
720

TOPIC FREQUENCY

Us 9, Mcguirk 5, Jay Leno 5, Nbc 5, Jimmy Fallon 4, Google 4, Leno 4, Philadelphia 4, Rangel 3, Nancy Pelosi 3, Campbell 3, Samuels 3, America 3, Lana Clarkson 2, Mr. Callahan 2, Bobby Brown 2, Spector 2, Michele Bachmann 2, Juan Martinez 2, Geraldo Rivera 2,
Borrow a DVD
of this show
  FOX News    The O Reilly Factor    News/Business.  (2013)  (CC)  

    March 22, 2013
    8:00 - 8:59pm PDT  

8:00pm
we're making it. [ male announcer ] when it comes to the financial obstacles military families face, we understand. our financial advice is geared specifically to current and former military members and their families. [ laughs ] dad! dad! [ applause ] [ male announcer ] life brings obstacles. usaa brings retirement advice. call or visit us online. we're ready to help. learn more with our free usaa retirement guide. call 877-242-usaa. looking for a litter with natural ingredients that helps neutralize odors. discover tidy cats pure nature. uniquely formulated with cedar, pine, and corn. then i read an article about a study that looked at the long term health benefits of taking multivitamins. they used centrum silver for the study... so i guess my wife was right.
8:01pm
[ male announcer ] centrum. always your most complete. >> greta: singing star making secret wedding plans but not secret for long. here is jimmy fallon. >> rumors going ash that adele and her boyfriend are going to get married soon. i heard adele is working on a version of the chicken dance.
8:02pm
thank you. thank you. >> greta: that is your last call. we'll see you again monday night. go to gretawire.com. there is an open thread, too. good night. mom. see you back here monday. >> bill: the o'reilly factor is on. tonight: >> bill o'reilly has labeled several charges at you, sir, and your caucus. so i must ask you now. have you, once or ever been a kook? do you support the repeal of american capitalism? >> bill: since the far left media cannot defend the onerous taxation put for the by the congressional caucus. they are trying to mock it. this is no laughing matter. we have a follow up report. >> we are talking about millions of kids dying, shot down by assault weapons. he. >> bill: where was that russia during world war ii,
8:03pm
congressman rangle? millions of kids? we will tell you about unbelievable and irresponsible political rhetoric. >> drove all snakes out of ireland and then they came into the united states and became nbc executives. [ laughter ] >> bill: looks like jay leno is out in nabs and another embarrassing high profile brouhaha. are you going gutfeld on the case. caution. you are about to enter the no spin zone. the factor begins right now. >> bill: hi, i'm bill o'reilly. thanks for watching us tonight. the political rhetoric gets crazier. that is the subject of this evening's talking points memo. earlier this week we chat advertised michele bachmann about not being accurate about criticisms. her general correct that president obama is asking for shared sacrifice but does not seem
8:04pm
to be participating himself. valid points are much stronger if you have the facts to back them up. enter our pal congressman charles rangle one of the oldest members of the house at age 82. mr. rangle wants to pass tough gun control laws. >> i cannot believe that politicians are afraid of the nra if they thought for one minute that the churches and the synagogue and priests and the ministers were saying hey, do the right thing and we have your back. we're talking about millions of kids dying, being shot down by assault weapons. >> bill: millions of kids. paging congressman rangel, the fact is that in 2011, the last stats available. 8500 americans were killed by gunfire. 565 of them children. so rangel weakens his own argument by being irresponsible. are we all getting this? when congress returns from its recess on april 8th. democratic senator harry reid will move forward with the gun control bill.
8:05pm
it will not call for assault weapons ban. it wants universal background checks for gun buyers. now, that can be debated. there are legitimate pros and cons about it let's do that. let's have the debate. long past time for american politicians will to be called out. we don't need it. complicated problems to solve. deal with the facts. congressman rangel knows millions of children have not been killed by assault weapons in this country. another far left zealot congressman maxine watters well knows that 170,000 jobs will not be lost because of the sequester. despite her assertion. want to win the debate? wise up. be honest. that's the memo. now for the top story tonight. my newspaper column this week is based on what i reported here on the factor earlier this week about the professional caucus. that group wants the following raise income tax rate for billionaires to 49%. to eliminate many tax deductions for high wage
8:06pm
earners in america. to tax investment income at the same rate as wages. that means if you make money on a stock and you are a rich person, you pay half your profits to the government. there is a bunch of other stuff the cpc wants including massive amount of new spending. many folks including me think this would absolutely destroy the american economy. with me is david callahan from a liberal think tank. let's take the rate for billionaires. and then they want 45% for millionaires, right? number one, i don't quite understand. i guess billionaires and millionaires would have to hand over their personal portfolio information to the irs? that would have to happen, right? >> the idea here, bill, is that donald trump and his dermatologists shouldn't be paying the same tax rate. right now, after 39 percent, everybody who makes more than $400,000 a year pays the same rate. so, it doesn't make sense that a dermatologist making $425,000 a year pays the same rate. >> bill: why doesn't that
8:07pm
make sense? you always have a top rate on anything, okay? so you want a progressive rate up to infinity, i guess. that would require the federal government to go into my house and almost do a cool could you legs of what i'm worth to put a onerous taxation on me. do you believe it's right for any of government to impossession a 39%, 45% on anybody. >> that's what lobled degeneres. >> i want to know what you believe. >> 1981 the tax rate. >> back to ronald reagan. >> top tax bracket was 50%. >> bill: nobody paid it because of the deductions and because of the tax shelters. >> believe me, there are still plenty of deductions. what the congressional black caucus is suggesting we go to the top tax bracket of the 1980s which i think was a pretty good period, you would have to admit, right? >> no. >> bill: i'm not going to admit to that because it's
8:08pm
not relevant to our discussion. our discussion is does the federal government in a spree nation, and i emphasize free nation. has a right to take half your stuff. >> it worked for a lodge typing. >> do they have the right materially. >> the pcp, we give $5 million exemption when you you die. and then 65% on a death tax for people who make a lot of money. >> which, again, that was the rate back in the reagan years. what cpc is suggesting. >> bill: ronald reagan is the poster boy for the cpc. >> very high tax rates on the rich. >> bill: they were not paid because of all the tax dodges. raw socialist person? do you believe that socialist philosophy of share the wealth and then if you earn it you owe it to other people to give it to them? are you a socialist, mr. callahan? >> no. i believe the people who have done phenomenally well. the top 1%. they have seen their
8:09pm
incomes twrip pell. >> bill: what is their obligation. >> help us get out of the hole of what we are in. >> bill: by giving half. >> going back to the reagan tax rates to get out of the situation we are in. of the other thing is $1 trillion for infrastructure spending. 7 million jobs when we need those jobs. >> gross domestic rate grew before the tax did you tell us and that was 29. we are in trouble after 9/11. once poment cut the tax rate and brought everybody down. the g.o.p. shot up. my theory is that your friends in congress who won't aappear from callahan had the guts to appear. it would actually hurt poor people because the economy is did you tell down by high taxation. how do you answer that? >> look at the historic record. during some of the highest
8:10pm
tax periods. in the 1960's, we ha 70% top tax bracket. we had a booming economy. look. the rich have plenty of money that can help us out in this situation. to invest in this country's future. >> bill: i don't know if that's freedom, mr. callahan. we appreciate you coming on. in next on the run down, lou dobbs will reply to what you just heard and why americans are not eating out in restaurants as much. two criminal cases, philadelphia doctor charged with executing babies. executing them. and jodi areas on trial for murder in arizona. we're coming right back. hçhçxnm
8:11pm
8:12pm
michael, tell us why you used to book this fabulous hotel? well you can see if the hotel is pet friendly before you book it, and i got a great deal without bidding. and where's your furry friend? oh, i don't have a cat. now you can save up to 50% during priceline's spring hotel sale use promo code spring for additional savings on all
8:13pm
express deals, including pet friendly hotels. express deals. priceline savings without the bidding. omnipotent of opportunity. you know how to mix business... with business. and you...rent from national. because only national lets you choose any car in the aisle. and go. you can even take a full-size or above. and still pay the mid-size price. i could get used to this. [ male announcer ] yes, you could business pro. yes, you could. go national. go like a pro. >> bill: lou's the boss segment tonight. let's get to lou dobbs. this disturbs me he very much. i think the viewers understand i'm spending a lot of time on this. this is seizure. this is the federal government seizing wages, property, and let me just tell you something. my mother lives out in left town in the same house i
8:14pm
grew up in, all right? >> great. >> bill: she has been in that house now for 60 years? okay. if i didn't pay her property tax, they would seize her house. she couldn't pay it, all right? because she doesn't have enough money coming in on social security. if i didn't pay it, they would seize my mother's house because of taxation. and you know what? there is plenty of people in that boat. and now we have more and more and more, and they mask it on the high wage earners. but it effects everybody, does it not? >> sure. absolutely. very quick example is obama care. $700 billion in new taxes kicking in this year that will be spread over 10 years in addition to the $1.3 trillion that is now the new estimate. this is -- these taxes are rolling out on everybody. not just high earners. and the idea that government, you know, i got
8:15pm
a kick out of david callahan because he is a smart guy, works for -- that's great. but he is really saying that i'm entitled to your damn money. just because i have. >> bill: the federal government under president obama believes they are entitled. >> they believe it they are doing it. >> bill: because that's your fair share. that fair share thing is what this is all under. >> that fair share right now amount 25%. 25% of the taxpayers paying 95% of the taxes in this country. that is so screwed up. >> bill: other 75% pay taxes on everything else. >> sure, property taxes, sales taxes. >> bill: it's not like they are getting a free ride. that's where romney made his mistake. even people who make 40, 35,000. every time they turn around, sales tax, tolls, register your car, bang, bang, bang. >> i had asked and asked and asked much this administration, this white
8:16pm
house, this president, the democrats in congress, what then is the number? what is the number you want? they won't answer. >> bill: they want everything. restaurants in the u.s.a. people dining out less. is this a pure don't have any money play? what is this? >> cut in disposable income. brought to you by another tax. that is the tax holiday, the payroll tax holiday that ended with the fiscal cliff is brought back and that is, according to the restaurant industries the reason that they have seen a sizeable fall. >> bill: like 7.5% rise. what was it it the payroll tax reinstituted to what? >> took 2% off of gross income. >> bill: 2%, i'm sorry. it's 2% and you say that's inhibiting people from eating out. >> that's what the restaurant association is saying. and they are right. they are looking at same store sales and they're off by 3 to 5%. >> bill: all right. so it correspondence with the social security tax. >> exactly.
8:17pm
>> bill: gas prices, you know. americans cutting back on gas, right? he they're cutting back? >> they are cutting back. but it's important, even though these prices are high, they are 10 cents a gallon cheaper than a month ago. he this are 20 cents cheaper than a year ago. >> bill: sound like callahan with reagan. >> no. i'm talking fact. >> bill: we're driving less. okay? americans in general, correct? correct? correct? >> sure. >> >> bill: we're making more gas, right? >> making more gas. >> bill: the hamster that ran across four months ago and shut down four refineries that hamster is gone now. really we are cranking out all this gas. >> if he we are hamsters it's because of the first part we are talking about, taxes eating into all of our incomes. they are growing and the people are not even aware of it the 2% reinstitution of the payroll tax, that's also part of it but we have got to give these oil companies credit. >> bill: credit? >> 10 cents a gallon less than a month ago. 20 cents less than a year
8:18pm
ago. the oil companies. >> bill: now i'm with the socialists now. here i am now. we have got to give them credit. 4 bucks a gallon. it should be 2. >> four bucks a gallon. look where you are? you are a better off than a year ago or month ago. they are paying taxes by the way. >> they pay $80 billion in taxes. >> bill: we're paying it because every gallon of gas we use we get to send more money to the feds. >> it's a pass through but at least they are not general electric. >> bill: when you retire from broadcasting don't be on the board of texaco. you know he is going throb. lou dobbs, everybody. directly ahead a philadelphia doctor charged with executing babies. his lawyer says it's a racial thing. later jay leno out at nbc. whether jimmie fallon is better than leno. thososososos
8:19pm
[ male announcer ] marie callender's finally found a way to get her oven baked taste straight from the microwave. like her oven roasted chicken baked in a rich, creamy alfredo sauce. she calls them her new comfort bakes. marie callender's. it's time to savor. is i can follow all my sports... catch the latest breaking news... keep in touch with friends... follow the financial headlines... find a great restaurant... and with siriusxm i canet weather forecasts... all from here. in my mercedes-benz. [ male announcer ] introducing mbrace2. the most comprehensive cloud-bas telematics system on the road. it's your world, from your car.
8:20pm
mercedes-benz. the best or nothing. it'si had[ designer ]eelingcar. enough of just covering up my moderate to severe plaque psoriasis. i decided enough is enough. ♪ [ spa lady ] i started enbrel. it's clinically proven to provide clearer skin. [ rv guy ] enbrel may not work for everyone -- and may not clear you completely, but for many, it gets skin clearer fast, within 2 months, and keeps it clearer through 6 months. [ male announcer ] enbrel may lower your ability to fight infections. serious, sometimes fatal events, including infections, tuberculosis, lymphoma, other cancers, nervous system and blood disorders, and allergic reactions have occurred. before starting enbrel, your doctor should test you for tuberculosis and discuss whether you've been to a region where certain fungal infections are common. you should not start enbrel if you have an infection like the flu. tell your doctor if you're prone to infections, have cuts or sores, have had hepatitis b, have been treated for heart failure, or if you have symptoms such as persistent fever, bruising, bleeding, or paleness. if you've had enough,
8:21pm
ask your dermatologist about enbrel. the words are going this way-there's no way. oh, the lights came on. isn't technology supposed to make life easier? at chase we're pioneering innovations that make banking simple. deposit a check with a photo. pay someone with an email. and bank seamlessly with our award-winning mobile app.
8:22pm
take a step forward... and chase what matters. charged with 8 counts of murder. seven babies pregnant woman. lawyer jack mcmahon says persecuted and prosecuted because is he black. joining us now from washington who are his cooper from the group projected 21, a conservative leadership network. i knew this was going to happen. you probably knew it was going to happen. this doctor if guilty stawnt to tell people what he allegedly did. >> this individual is accused of taking babies. six, seven, and eight morchts into term. having them born alive.
8:23pm
and then taking sharp instruments and cutting their spines and their throats and then setting them aside. and, by the way, hiring teenagers to act as the anesthesiologist and other nurse assistants as well as keeping when the raid came some $250,000 worth of cash lying around. if this isn't preying on innocent people who are poor and uneducated i don't know what it looks like. >> found dismembered parts of the babies' bodies in vir use parts of this man's office. the evidence seems to be overwhelming that he did, when they charge with seven you know there are a lot more babies. he didn't do it seven times. >> all of his staff, except for his wife have come forward and testifying that this was something worse than like the silence of the lambs where he kept little trophy if is and
8:24pm
parts trophies. and joked about a 9-pound child was born this one was big enough that he could have walked to the bus stop with me and gave no pity. no chance, no hope. this guy literally came in as a butcher and said to people in violation of the law, i am going to take these 6 and 7 and 8. you know. that's the point in life when you have picked a name out. you have colored the bedroom. you have had a shower at that point for the newborn child this kind of biewch butchery to be hidden behind the race card we at project 21 were offended that any person would be this depraved and dark of heart. >> bill: the lawyer too, making it a racial issue, poor neighborhood. after this guy because is he black and all of this is
8:25pm
there any chance though that we're being unfair to this guy goznell and that he will be acquitted for these crimes? >> there is always, quote, a chance of that. the evidence here is overwhelming that this guy literally located. you know, it's the opposite of what his attorney said he literally located in a community precisely so that he could prey upon people. for him to say that he is being picked on because of his race when by all evidence it looked like it was poor minority people that he was targeting. this guy ought to be buried under the jail after they find him guilty and execute him. >> bill: we haven't heard much about this from the media the philadelphia local media a little bit there. none on the national level. if it's true that this guy was doing these things. and i call it executing babies because that's what it was, for money. why haven't we heard about it on the national media? >> well, again, this is another example of how the media is disserving the
8:26pm
country. if this were the trayvon martin case, every single aspect about it we would be given information about it here, the media consistently says abortion good. abortion is free choice. they are never any problems. there are never any hassles. this house of 'paign and torture makes clear that too many people in the abortion industry live off the back of innocent people by lying to them both the employee and the innocent women who came through this process not stephanie angel that he was literally going to torture and kill their unborn children. >> bill: but i think we can't say that this is the norm in most abortion clinics. i'm not for abortion unless there is really a catastrophic effect on the woman. all right. i'm totally against it for birth control reasons or convenience reasons. i think this guy was an extremist.
8:27pm
the pennsylvania authorities not, you know, real conservative, particularly in philadelphia to go after him this hard, this guy had to be an extreme. >> we're not talking about whether he is extreme or not. what we're asking is where is the abortion advocacy community condemning this behavior? >> they are not going to draw bad attention to their reproductive rights campaign. >> sacrifice children for their cause. >> bill: all right, mr. coorntion thanks very much. plenty more ahead as the factor moves along this evening. gutfeld mcguirk and i pick some pinheads of the week there are surprises in the group. geraldo tellings us about jodi arias. jodi arias. [ male announcer ] how do you measure happiness? by the armful? by the barrelful? e carful? how about...by the bowlful? campbell's soups give you nutrition, energy, and can help you keep a healthy weight. campbell's. it's amazing what soup can do. campbell's. new griddle-melts to youre usual breakfast sandwich. a lot more flavor. [ anouncer ] ihop's new griddle melts... made fresh and hot!
8:28pm
hand crafted just for you. it's like a sexy sandwich. [ anouncer ] compare new griddle melts yourself. just $4. it's like a sexy sandwich. it's an epic breakfast sandwich.
8:29pm
♪ i want a weed free season, that's how i roll ♪ ♪ so i reach for roundup extended control ♪ ♪ with the all-new, no pump, one-touch wand ♪ ♪ it kills weeds dead and keeps weeds gone ♪ [ whip cracks ] ♪ roundup extended control ♪ i just spray them weeds, then spray them cracks ♪ ♪ the weeds are gone, and they won't be back ♪ ♪ driveway, patio, i just spray once ♪ ♪ and it's adios weeds for up to four sweet months ♪ [ whip cracks ] ♪ roundup extended control [ male announcer ] roundup extended control ♪ yeha with the new one-touch wand. [ whip cracks ] i'm here in your home, having a pretty spectacular tuesday. ♪ but i don't notice the loose rug at the top of your stairs. and that's about to become an issue for me. ♪ and if you got the wrong home insurance coverage,
8:30pm
my medical bills coulget expensive. so get allstate. [ dennis ] good hands. good home. make sure you have the right home protection. talk to an allstate agent. make sure you have the right home protection. today is gonna be an important day for us. you ready? we wanna be our brother's keeper. what's number two we wanna do? bring it up to 90 decatherms. how bout ya, joe? let's go ahead and bring it online. attention on site, attention on site. now starting unit nine. some of the world's cleanest gas turbines are now powering some of america's biggest cities. siemens. answers. clusters of pustules, pimples. i had this shingle rash right next to my spine. the soreness was excruciating. it was impossible to even think about dancing. when you're dancing, your partner is holding you. so, his hand would have been right in the spot that i had the shingles. no tango. no rhumba. you can't be touched.
8:31pm
for more of the inside story, visit shinglesinfo.com >> geraldo segment tonight. we have been following the case of jodi arias charged with brutally murdering her boyfriend. the crime happened in mesa. charged stabbing 27 times. soliciting his throat and shooting him in the head. apparently she didn't like him. geraldo rivera is following the case. what's new this week? >> well, i think the biggest news is the fact that the defense psychologist richard samuels has just completed what i think is one of the longest expert testimonies on record. he basically suggests that jody diarias, the reason she can remember every detail of every sexual encounter she ever ha h. with the deceased travis al >> alisyn: election an der
8:32pm
but cannot remember the moment she stabbed him 27 times or slit his throat or shot him in the head is because jody diarias suffers from ptsd. post-traumatic stress disorder much like the veterans coming home from the iraq war or afghanistan and she has partial, as a result, partial amnesia. as you you can imagine the prosecutor in the case juan martinez, who is extremely provocative and impassioned wasn't having any of samuel's remarks. he suggested that samuels had fallen kind of in love with jody diarias in all their 30 hours of interviews and as a result not being objective. samuels was also questioned by the jurors. arizona has this weird law where jurors can also ask questions. they peppered him also with 100 questions. also extremely skeptical i have a theory, bill. i think that samuels and
8:33pm
the defense the defendant herself have laid the foundation for at least one or two of those jurors to portray her as the damsel in distress as compared to juan martinez, the prosecutor who is a bully, who is relentless in his attacks. who gives her no quarter. i believe you are going to have a situation where among that jury. you are going to have one or two who are sympathetic enough to jody diarias that they will never not only not get the death penalty, i don't think they will get a first degree murder conviction. bill. i think that that jury will be hung. the negotiations in the jury will take place. they will be very heated. they will be as prolonged, i think, relatively speaking as this trial has been. and they will come to it a compromise verdict either murder 2 or manslaughter, 10, 20 years in prison. she has already done five years. i have no doubt that there is no way that this jury
8:34pm
can put this woman to death. >> all right. number one, i like the fact that arizona has a law where the jurors can ask direct questions. i like that. i think all states should consider that number two, you probably are right and that's depressing because we have, supposedly, a justice system in this country, but human life is not worth what it once was. everybody has excuse. abuse excuse, he did that, he did this. that's what lawyers do. create some gray area, a little bit of doubt. give the jurors who are not you know judgmental people. a little room to say oh no, no, no, no, no. even you as an attorney can do that rivera. even as polarizing as you can go in there and look the jury in the eye and go, you know, this young woman she was traumatized and she didn't mean to do it but she did it but give her a break. is that really justice? is the guy dead in a brutal fashion and now the woman
8:35pm
could get out in five years if they give her, you know, as you say, if they compromise it down? really, is that justice? couple things what you said as far as arizona permitting to ask questions. this trial has already lasted three months and count it's, two more weeks to go. a four month murder trial is kind of extraordinary. >> it is. >> the second point is, you know everyone, the stockholm syndrome where a hostage. >> when shy was -- yeah, you know, i got it. >> i think that she's jurors must be feeling some of the sympathy. jody diarias has web sites devoted to jody diarias. >> what's her name in florida who killed the baby and threw her in the swamp and got away with it? >> casey anthony. i think they are remarkably similar defendants. >> there are nuts everywhere who won't admit that evil is in the world and that people do these things and they make an excuse and a lot of them get away with it that's not justice anymore.
8:36pm
>> >> well, put aside whether or not it's justice. just here is the closing argument. your honor, there is -- or ladies and gentlemen of the jury, there is no doubt but that traverse alexander was very aggressive in these kinky sexual acts that he forced this this poor woman half his side to perform. what's the difference between aggression and assault. this man was threatening to her. can you imagine how a well-rounded emotional impassioned defense during the summation, i think it will be impossible for this woman. >> bill: if i'm sitting on the jury hearing that stuff it's a he he said, she said. nobody knows what happened. you can make up any excuse. now the woman has post-traumatic stress. lost a dog when she was two. you know, it's got to walk. i think that this nation is really getting away from fundamental justice. i will give you the last
8:37pm
word. >> even the very savage nature of the crime i think can be twisted to work. >> bill: twisted is the right word. >> because she killed -- why did she stab him 27 times? she was in such fear that he would come after her. she had to make sure that he was dead. >> bill: all right geraldo rivera, thanks very much. it looks like nbc will be firing jay leno in another firing jay leno in another talent situation what's droid-endurance ? the longest 4g lte battery in a razr thin profile. with 32 hours of battery life that turns an all-nighter, into a two-nighter. the droid razr maxx hd by motorola. droid-endurance. droid-powerful.
8:38pm
google's backyard for the wbing it on challenge.. [fight bell: ding, ding] what's your preferred search engine? search engine, uhh, probably google. if we do a side by side blind test comparison, and you end up choosing google, you get an xbox. i'll bet you the xbox, you bet me your son. well let's look up what you need. okay, i would do the left. yeah? what?! i am a daddy!
8:39pm
bing wins it! bing won. bing did win. people prefer bing over google for the web's top searches. don't believe it? go to bingiton.com and see what you're missing. great first gig! let's go! party! awwwww... arigato! we are outta here! party...... finding you the perfect place, every step of the way. hotels.com
8:40pm
with google now, it automatically knows when you need to leave for the airport, how much traffic there is, and can have your boarding pass ready. the droid razr maxx hd by motorola. droid-smart. droid-powerful.
8:41pm
>> thanks for staying with us, i'm bill o'reilly in the what the heck just happened segment tonight. two social stories on the docket beginning with jay leno. reportedly any want to replace him with with jimmy fallon. >> you know the whole legend of saint patrick's. became fascinating story. >> scientists say they are getting closer and closer doing jurassic park style cloning. things once thought to be extint could now be brought back from the dead. hope for nbc it could be turned around. >> mcguirk and co-host of the five are you going gutfeld. do you know lone know. >> yeah -- leno? >> we lived together in the 90's. it didn't work out because is he a satanist. i had no idea. >> bill: do you know the
8:42pm
man or not. >> yes, i do. i don't watch tv at that time because i don't think appointment tv exists anymore. >> red eye. >> drinking and crying. leno is 62. in tv years that's 134. so they are trying to look for a younger demo. they should go to like a 14 or 13-year-old or perhaps honey boo boo. that's the way our culture is going. so, by your reasoning, you will be replacing me on the factor fairly soon. >> i'm going to be managing an arby's. that's my next goal. >> bill: so you say leno getting hosed here or what was happening? >> full disclosure, leno is about the only thing i like on nbc. >> nbc harbors this nexus of the smug sneaky liberals, everything from their nbc news division to brian williams, david gregory, entertainment. alec baldwin, tina fey, seth myers, "saturday night live" which was an arm of the obama campaign during the election. jimmy fallon, remember they pulled that stunt with
8:43pm
michele bachmann coming out she is a lying b word. i don't like these people. i don't know if it's politically motivated. this is a disaster in the making. it couldn't happen to a nicer bunch. >> bill: i know leno and i like leno. leno has been fair to us and he is good. i don't think it's a good move in the sense the way they are handling it gutfeld unfortunately is right for once in his life. they don't care about ratings anymore. they want little kids to watch at 11:30 at night so fallen gets the younger demo. the word tonight is that fox broadcasting might hire leno which would probably be a smart move and put him on at 11:00 after the nunes from 10 to 11. >> young viewers first of all. >> they're watches on the computers. >> reading tweets and playing youtube videos. >> bill: they are not there anymore. they have vanished. >> i don't know any kid, they do not sit and watch tv. >> bill: you know, this carl's jr. they don't have that on the east coast. big burger joint on the
8:44pm
west coast. we have had the ceo on. he frankly admits i just want to sell giant burgers to guys. all right? that's what i want to do. he uses advertising like this. roll the tape. >> benjamin, do you like burger. >> look, i should be going. >> sit down, benjamin. >> okay. >> with the taste of bore bourbon. >> mrs. robinson you are trying to seduce me, aren't you? >> bill: this is so ridiculous. number one that's heidi clumm. >> the model. >> does anybody and you raise your hands out there think that she has ever eaten a burger like that? anyone? buehrle? anyone. >> that would be winona judd if she was eating the burgers the way they show it. >> bill: maybe roseanne
8:45pm
barr we might buy that before she went veg. >> it is the size of a baby's head. physically impossible to get that into your mouth. >> do you understand -- i know you do mcguirk. you get the mrs. robinson. >> by the way, come up with a more original idea. they are taking two wonderful things which are burgers and beautiful women and putting them together gross you out. it's actually kind -- it's not appetizing at all. it confuses me because i don't know what to desire. >> bill: we don't want to have that situation where you have to make a call between heidi klum. >> taking a burg tore a movie. >> burger as big a baby's head. reference. >> it's not going to resonate the audience that he they are trying to sell burgers too. maybe paris hilton on kate upton. this woman is long in the tooth in this case she has got four kids from seal. why is she seducing this kid unless he was mark zuckerberg with a lot of
8:46pm
money then it would make sense. it's kind of disgusting actually. it's a turn off. she is just. >> bill: i don't know if having a giant burger in the living room is a good thing. but, you know, what's interesting, the same audience that carl's jr. wants to buy their burgers is what nbc wants to watch jimmy fallon. i guess we will see this commercial if fallon gets the program on "the tonight show" because it's the same merge. see what i'm doing here gutfeld? try to tie it all together. >> you are blowing what's left of my mind. having a skinny model sell a burger is like having you do ads for peta, it doesn't make sense. >> bill: peta. >> animal rights. >> bill: i like animals. i'm an animal kind of guy. >> i have heard that. >> you like to eat them. >> bill: all right. would will be back, unfortunately with who are the pinheads of the week. we have three selections. and then we will have the tip of the day. some advice from me for nancy pelosi. coming right back. my wife takes centrum silver. i've been on the fence about it.
8:47pm
then i read an article about a study that looked at the long term health benefits of taking multivitamins. they used centrum silver for the study... so i guess my wife was right. [ male announcer ] centrum. always your most complete.
8:48pm
8:49pm
8:50pm
>> bill: back of the book segment continued tonight continue what the heck just happened. who are the three pinheads of the week? looking at -- no, no, no. let's begin with you mcguirk. your pinhead is? >> former secretary of state hillary clinton. >> this is why, roll the tape. >> i do not support gay marriage but i do support civil unions. >> lgbt are our colleagues, our soldiers, our friends, our loved ones, and they are full and equal citizens and deserve the rights of citizenship. that includes marriage. >> bill: so sincere. >> she looks like she is making a hostage tape. it looks like anderson cooper and ellen degeneres
8:51pm
are off to the side pointing elephant guns at her taking pictures of her. it is so cheesy. it looks so phony. >> bill: almost every politician flip-flops on issues these days they're all evolving. >> she is in favor of every marriage but her own. she is the secretary of state. i want to know more about benghazi and not about bedrooms. i don't need to hear that i need to hear what's going on. >> bill: definitely a flip flop. gutfeld you picked bobby brown used to be married to whitney houston. dopey group 1953. >> voice to men. washed up singer, a druggy, a drunk, for all accounts a loser. got his third dui. went to court. he he was supposed to serve 55 days. got out in nine hours. >> why? >> because they claim as always overcrowding. this only happens though to celebrities. this is what drives me
8:52pm
nuts. >> bill: so three dui convictions, mcguirk. and then he goes in on the third. and how long, 55 days -- >> -- yeah. >> bill: he is out in nine hours. that's not justice. >> not at all. >> bill: that's three times you are out. >> lindsay lohan of justice, that's right. i know the jails are crowded out there. that's part of the reason why they are letting out these -- >> bill: guy is going to do it three times he can kill somebody. he he is not learning his lesson. >> if you are a rapist. you know, you are castrated. if you are a driver, cut off his feet so he can't drive. >> cut off his feet? >> cut off his feet. this is why i'm not ever going to be in politics. >> you just sold your franchise the five and red eye to pakistan. they just heard that and they got we got to get this guy in here. >> how about celebrity island where we send all these celebrities to an island and we just leave them there. >> bill: my pinhead of the week. phil specter. now, why phil specter?
8:53pm
he is in jail. he is convicted of second degree murder. whatever. he is there for a really long time. but he is on hbo in the form of al pacino in the sunday night. roll. >> did you kill lana clarkson? >> why would i kill that girl? why? >> you are going to jail for the rest of your life. >> i played this game a million times before. i know how the game is played. >> bill: now, this is why this is important. this guy is guilty, right? guilty, everybody? >> as sin. >> bill: he wants the court to believe in his defense in helen actress very fine attorney this woman he didn't really know who he met in some kind of sun set strip bar and took home got to his house and said hey phil do you have a gun so i can put it in my mouth and blow my head off? just that i would sentence him to 50. can you come up with something different? >> that and the richard simmons hair cut he
8:54pm
supported in court, yeah. >> he gets out and 20 years. 19 years to life in serving. he is 73 years old. if you don't know who phil specter is in the 50s and 60's, he created a wall of sound. rock producer movie producer. they get pacino one of the best actors on the planet and best screen writers on the planet. i haven't seen the movie. i understand from the reviews it doesn't criticize spector that much. come on. >> this goes back to the bobby brown thing. over and over again spector has been allowed to do whatever he wanted for the last 30 and 40 years. he has pulled out guns when he is doing records and put guns to people's heads. they let him do it because is he a quote a creative genius. >> bill: something to that. you let them get away with it so many times. >> at least he is doing time unlike robert blake and robert wagner. >> that blake thing. i'm still stunned by that. you know. >> sure. >> bill: i took my wife to
8:55pm
an italian restaurant, all right? and i left with my wife and we're sitting in a car and i said i left my gun back in the restaurant, which everybody does, you know, it's like keys. you just leave your gun back in the restaurant. and then he goes back to the restaurant and comes back and somebody shot him to death. just out of nowhere. not guilty. that l.a. -- going to commit a crime in this world, where do you go? >> l.a. or colorado. >> bill: bolder. >> but it is, you know, it's not -- this isn't what america should be. >> yeah. not at all. >> the women are punished more than the men in that lifestyle. the woman -- nobody even knows the name of the victim of the woman that died. >> bill: lana clarkson. >> she was a b level actress. >> bill: she is a human being. all right? you just don't walk up to somebody's house. you know, it's a good place to commit suicide. you got any guns to make
8:56pm
this easier? come on. >> that's happened. >> bill: gutfeld, mcguirk, everybody, factor tip of the day. some advice from me to nancy pelosi. the tip 60 seconds away. [ engine revving ] ♪ [ male announcer ] every car we build must make adrenaline pump and pulses quicken. ♪ to help you not just stay alive... but feel alive. the c-class is no exception. it's a mercedes-benz, through and through. see your authorized mercedes-benz aler for exceptional offers through mercedes-benz financial services. pull out the paper and what? another article that says investors could lose tens of thousands of dollars in hidden fees on their 401(k)s?! seriously? seriously. you don't believe it? search it.
8:57pm
"401(k) hidden fees." then go to e-trade and roll over your old 401(k)s to a new e-trade retirement account. we have every type of retirement account. none of them charge annual fees and all of them offer low cost investments. why? because we're not your typical wall street firm that's why. so you keep more of your money. e-trade. less for us. more for you. >>. >> bill: factor tip of the day, my advice to nancy pelosi. we would like too you become a premium member. monday, april 22nd i'll be holding a townhall meeting to talk about my up coming books. we're finding out amazing stuff about jesus and we'll preview for it. if you do become a premium member you get any one of my number of best-selling books free of charge. now to mail. howard, sun city, florida...
8:58pm
>> bill: howard, come on. sergio... >> bill: you know that is thinking we should have sergio. thank you >> bill: not in the u.s.a. it'se religious expression. >> bill: you badly need a social studies teacher.
8:59pm
>> bill: you are welcome, easter. spring doesn't have a good ring to it. harry in north carolina. >> bill: i believe there is a evil force present in the world. i directly felt it twice, first time at a murder scene in italy, some cult dismembered a woman. second time in africa where people were thrown off a cliff into victoria falls. very unsettling feeling in both of those places. pat foster. >> bill: i hope we are, pat. you better hurry. the show is portland, oregon and washington are 50% sold out in one day.